Please, make Your payment for the reservation of the course not later than 2 banking days before the start of the course
* Payment in UAH equivalent, according to the commercial exchange rate on the payment date
The course program is in the process of confirmation by The Nautical Institute. The course will be available after approval of The Nautical Institute.
To reduce the required period of DP watch-keeping experience for applying for a DP operator certificate by use of a full mission bridge simulator with full redundant DP installed. Successful completion of the course will reduce the required supervised DP sea time as follows:
1st week course: 6 weeks
- Principles of DP
- Elements of a Dynamic Positioning System
- Practical operation of a DP system
- Position Reference Systems (PRS)
- Environment sensors and ancillary equipment
- Power generation and supply
- Operations using DP, incl. planning using FMEA and relevant information
- DP alarms, warnings and emergency procedures
- Simulator exercises with various scenario
By the end of the course, the student should have:
- Acquired further knowledge of the principles of Dynamic Positioning (DP) and in setting up a DP system, as well as further understanding of the practical operation of associated equipment, including a short description of position reference systems and modern DP systems.
- Demonstrated through simulator exercises that he/she is able to recognise and respond to the various alarms, warning and information messages.
- Demonstrated that he/she is able to react correctly to any circumstances which could lead to catastrophic failure or which constitute catastrophic failure itself.
- Demonstrated that he/she is capable of planning and conducting any DP operation, including risk assessment, contingency planning and assessment of vessel capability.
1st week course:
Successfully completion of DP Advanced / Simulator course and a minimum period of 30 days DP sea time experience.
5 days each week
The course will be conducted in English.