Please, make Your payment for the reservation of the course not later than 2 banking days before the start of the course.
| On request
|| 09:00 to 17:00
||USD 1 000.00 *
* Payment in UAH equivalent, according to the commercial exchange rate on the payment date
The Offshore Helideck Assistants (HDAs) typically carry out routine helideck operations such as maintenance and testing of helideck systems and equipment. HDAs also assist with passenger embarkation and disembarkation, as well as transferring freight and passenger baggage to and from the helicopter. This training course is designed to give the initial knowledge, understanding and skills required to perform the role of an Offshore Helideck Assistant in Helideck Operations with a high level of safety and efficiency.
||This course "Helideck Assistant (HDA) Initial Training" is certified
by Bureau Veritas certification company.
This course "Helideck Assistant (HDA) Initial Training" is in the process of certification by OPITO.
All personnel designated as Helideck Assistant. (HDA) Initial Training on offshore installations.
No prerequisites for this training course
Theoretical lessons and practical exercises at Helicopter simulator:
- Understand key parts of relevant helideck operation regulations and guidelines
- Understand helideck physical characteristics
- Understand helideck equipment and systems
- Understand typical hazards associated with offshore helideck operations.
- Understand how dangerous goods are identified, packaged and labelled according to IATA and ICAO regulations
- Define the role of the offshore HDA.
- Explain the responsibilities of an HDA during helicopter operations
- State typical routine helideck and helicopter operational procedures prior to landing, helicopter on deck and helicopter take off.
- Use handheld radios correctly, complying with radio communications protocol.
- Assist HLO with communication checks, checking helideck equipment status, safety nets, security and stowage of helideck equipment.
- Ensure they [HDAs] are in the required locations during helicopter operations
- Wear appropriate HDA PPE during helicopter operations
- Under direction from the HLO:
- Load and unload passenger baggage correctly
- Load and unload helicopter freight correctly – using correct manual handling techniques and within helicopter freight loading limitations and requirements.
- Comply with helideck protocols and procedures during helicopter operations
- Comply with helicopter danger areas rules.
- Assist with passenger safe egress and access on the helideck, to and from the helicopter.
- Identify dangerous goods during helicopter loading and unloading
Participants should demonstrate ability to understand and perform basic responsibilities of Helideck Assistant (HDA).
Participants must have a valid medical certificate and valid photo ID
Every two years
The course will be conducted in English or Russian depending on the customer's request.