Ballast Control Operator Course
4 days course – 32 hours – One instructor
Maximum number of students is eight (8)
Ballast Control Operator Course meets all requirements listed under the International Maritime Organization (IMO). Resolution A.1079(28), and STCW Convention Regulations I/10 & I/02.
Objectives: Course provides comprehensive training for personnel who will be involved in Ballast Control operations. Course will provide an understanding of the response of drill ships, column?stabilized floating units as well as jack?up rigs while afloat, to loading and environmental forces.
Ballast Control Operator Course book provided during training.
Video presentation – related to each chapter
- Terminology associated to ships’ stability
- States of equilibrium
- Initial stability
- Longitudinal and transverse stability
- Hydrostatic parameters
- List and trim
- Loading weights and mooring system effects
- Motions in a seaway and ballast control
- Operating procedures and reports.