Barge Supervisor Course
8 days course – 60 hours – One instructor
Maximum number of students is eight (8)
Barge Supervisor Course meets all requirements listed under the International Maritime Organization (IMO). Resolution A.1079(28), and STCW Convention Regulations I/10 & I/02.
Upon successful completion of this course the candidate will receive 2 certificates:
Barge Supervisor (BS)
Comprehensive Stability (OIM, BS, BCO)
Objectives: Personnel with no formal stability qualifications who intend to become a Barge Supervisor, to undertake responsibility for Barge Supervisor or to promote to Offshore Installation Manager. This course is recommended to Training Personnel on Mobile Offshore Units [MOU]. This course is also suitable for all MOU personnel involved in stability calculations, including self-elevating platforms (Jack-Ups).
Barge Supervisor Course book provided during training.
Video presentation – related to each chapter
- Terminology associated to ships’ stability
- States of equilibrium
- Initial stability
- Longitudinal and transverse stability
- Hydrostatic parameters
- List and trim
- Damaged stability
- Loading weights and mooring system effects
- Motions in a seaway and ballast control
- Operating procedures and reports.
- Blackout situations
- Movements of onboard cargo
- Collision regulations
- Loss of watertight integrity
- Various equipment and systems’ failure
- Severe weather