Ivan Osypenko (QHSE Advisor, Chief Officer on Jack-Up units; NEBOSH IDip, GradIOSH, IRCA Auditor)
Lerus Training Centre
Jack-Up Familiarization course is developed for Officers who intend to obtain specific knowledge regarding operation of Jack-Up rigs, platforms, barges, self-propelled vessels with the jack-up system (liftboats).
After completion of course delegates will know and understand: the properties and limitations of jacking systems including rack phase difference calculation; essentials of jacking operations including corresponding hazards and controls; equipment that critical for safety of Jack-Up rig, site-specific rules and procedures including emergency response; stability of Jack-Up rig; specifics of Safety Management System and Client-specific Project documentation; Liaison with clients / project personnel and bridging of conflicting procedures; Specific of helicopter operations on Jack-Up rigs.
JACK-UP FAMILIARIZATION COURSE SUMMARY PRESENTATION:
- Types of Jack-Up units
- Types of Jack-Up systems
- Safety-critical equipment of Jack-Up units
- Planning of operations on Jack-Up units
- Safety Management System and corresponding documentation
- Effective operation of Jack-Up plant in near-shore environment
- Emergencies, Risks and Hazards associated with the Jack-Up operations and activities
- Stability of Jack-Up unit
- Jack-Up Unit moving
- Helicopter Operations
- Case Studies